Akash Kedia cleared CA Final with All India 12th rank, CA Inter wth All India 26th rank (5th in East India) and CA CPT – All India 7th rank (1st in East India).
He pursued his articleship at Deloitte Kolkata. Post qualification, his claim to fame has been to work in the Investment Banking/Investment Management function of marquee names like Deutsche, Macquarie and GIC (formerly known as Government of Singapore Investment Corporation).
Snippets of his conversation with #mycastory
1) What prompted you to get admitted into the CA course? What were the things you considered when you took that decision?
CA is unique course in two key aspects –
2) Tell us about your articleship life and the learnings, be it technical/non-technical/any interesting happenings?
3) Which courses from CA have been the most useful?
4) In retrospect, what has been your expected/unexpected and most cherished gain from your CA journey?
Getting an opportunity to intern with a Big Four firm was quite tough during the time I was pursuing CA. I was extremely fortunate to be blessed with it and it changed the course of my future career.
5) Post the course completion, is there any key personal/professional experience which you have been immensely proud of and would like to share with readers?
Frankly, till date, I have hardly achieved something so significant that I could be proud of it . However, I do feel extremely happy that I could fulfill my dream of being a Private Equity Investment Professional and that too at one of the largest global funds.
6) Any words of advice for future CA aspirants?
Work as hard as you can for 4.5 years of your life. If you do so, life will reward you beyond your expectations thereafter. CA is one course which expands your horizon of knowledge in multiple directions and equips you extremely well for multi-dimensional roles in the future.
You can connect with me at linkedin.com/in/akash-kedia-8b298210