S Sri Ram from Salem Tamil Nadu secured AIR 1 in CA Final-May’16. He had secured AIR 7 in CA IPCC. He has pursued his articleship from a CA firm in Salem
Snippets of his interaction with mycastory.com
1) Among the manifold career choices, what made you opt for CA at that point of time? In retrospect, how would you reflect on your decision?
The concept of either going for an employment or starting my own practice gave me a good interest in the subject. It gives me an opportunity to be a freelancer with less monetary investment and that option attracted me towards the course. And I am happy about the decision I have taken as now I believe that I am going In the right track by becoming a Topper, which shows my interest in the subject.
2) What were the key aspects of your CA exam preparation strategy, both for the written test as well as the personal interviews that follow?
Key aspect are that – I studied over a period of 1.5 years. Gradual but consistent study time of 2 hours a day helped me to complete the portion well in time and also I was relaxed during the last minute for exams as the only thing left for me then was to revise the subjects as I have already completed the portion. And the best book according to me us ICAI study material and Practice manual and these are the books I have mostly followed.
3) How does the CA course life transform an individual?
The transformation? Its am awesome feel. Just that fraction of second, the moment the result is announced the joy is something bigger than the Everest. And everyone will be happy to know this as you are going to get a new respect in society, a status, a professional certificate and what not. It’s a feel beyond words and to summarise, the professionalism transforms the boy into a man.
4) Can you please share an interesting experience in course of your post-CA professional career?
The most interesting experience is when I was eagerly waiting for my result and the result is out but the merit list was not out. I was typing my roll no. In merit list and the very moment I got a call from President and the conversation started like – “can I speak to CA Sri Ram.” Hearing such words from a central council member and President is an awesome moment.
5) In your view, what are factors a student must carefully consider before deciding to embark on the CA journey? (Aptitude, career aspirations etc.)
I believe in the formula – Interest + Involvement = Improvement. So they should have interest and proper involvement in the subject. The improvement is a by product of that.
6) In a nutshell, what would be your advice to future CA aspirants?
Believe that you are born to win. If not for you, who else is gonna do that? So BELIEVE.