CA. Sushil Jajodia is a known face in the Kolkata professional fraternity. Currently, he serves as GM-Accounts & Finance at Jayshree Tea & Industries Ltd, the second largest tea producer company in India
Snippets of his interaction with Anurag from mycastory.com
1) A brief intro on what triggered the CA decision at that point of time?
For me, post my graduation in Commerce, CA was a default choice. My elder brother also inspired me a lot for this
2) What were the key tenets of your CA exam strategy?
There is no shortcut in the process and the student must study thoroughly to grasp the concepts. Taking tuition or not is a matter of personal choice and one shouldn’t be driven by the fads prevalent around. If you feel tuition package the course module well, go for it.
3) How does the CA course life transform one as an individual? Can you please share your key learnings in course of your professional life?
CA degree helped open the door of corporate life for me. It made me technically very strong. The article-ship stint , for me, was a classic study of organizational behavior where one learns how to deal with seniors and colleagues, balance studies and work etc. The lessons learnt have stood me in good stead over the years
4) In your view, what are factors a student must consider before embarking on the CA journey? Aptitude, career aspirations etc.?
In the most cost effective manner, CA is one of those professional courses which allows you to grasp multiple concepts essential for a successful career in finance. Unflinching determination and devotion is all that the course demands from a student
5) What would be your advice to future CA aspirants?
CA is an excellent course and opens the doors of endless opportunities. Post successful competion of the course, the sky is the limit. Nowadays, CAs are found to excel not just in the traditional accounting & taxation domains, but also in fields such as marketing. CAs are also well equipped with the requisite professional acumen to assume leadership roles.