Role of Senior Analyst (FP&A)
FP&A team is tasked with forecasting a company's financials which requires both an understanding of the company's historical performance as well as an understanding of the key assumptions and trends that may impact future performance. This requires a broad understanding of both accounting and business operations. As a result, FP&A teams are in frequent contact with all areas of the enterprise including operations, sales, marketing, treasury and accounting.
- Develop and continually improve budgeting, financial projections, and operating forecast
- Identify and research variances to forecast, budget, and prior-year expenses, proactively identifying opportunities for improvement.
- Present the monthly and quarterly financial reports of various units and departments
- Analyze the trends of Key Performance Indicators (KPI), especially relating to financial metrics such as sales, expenditures, and profit margin.
- Monitor KPI, and identify the cause of any unexpected variances
- Implement a business intelligence tool and dashboard reports
- Ad-hoc business performance reporting
- Develop financial models and analyze them to support strategic initiatives
- Support management team and the Heads of Department with data-driven analysis
- Prepare presentations to Board of Directors and Senior Management Team
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance Chartered Accountant (CA) or MBA Finance from Premier Institutes
- 0 to 2 years of experience in finance or accounting
- In depth knowledge of accounting/financial/operational principles
- Experience developing financial reports and metrics
- Interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to interact with various management levels
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and adapt to a changing, fast-paced environment
- Strong Excel, Word, and PowerPoint skills
- Working knowledge of Tableau, PowerBI or any other similar tool.
- Superior attention to detail and ability to successfully manage multiple competing priorities while maintaining a view of the big picture
- Demonstrated ability to influence others through effective verbal and written communication
- Demonstrated ability to drive projects across an organization
- Experience in analytics is preferable