This position will be responsible for overseeing the whole accounts department of the organization. The Accounting Manager will be responsible for monitoring general accounting practices, budgeting, developing internal accounting controls, tracking high volume corporate client accounts and building a strong financial team. The individual will play an instrumental role in the financial future of the company.
Roles and Responsibilities
● Oversee and manage the general accounting functions, including, but not limited to: accounts payable, accounts receivable, general ledger, and taxes
● Help with quarterly and year-end financial audit activities and the annual corporate financial controls audit
● Prepare, review, and analyze financial statements to ensure accuracy and completeness
● Oversees preparation of business activity reports, financial forecasts, and annual budgets
● Supervise and/or manage general ledger accounting functions
● Responsible for tax planning throughout the fiscal year; files annual corporate tax returns.
● Presents recommendations to management on short- and long-term financial objectives and policies.
● Ensures compliance with local and state government requirements.
● 2+ years of progressive accounting experience with a portion of it being in a supervisory role
● Excellent verbal and written communication abilities across all level of an organization
● Advanced Microsoft Excel skills. Experience with other financial systems.
● Functional knowledge of Tally
● Proven work experience as a Financial Accountant or similar role
● Excellent math skills with an attention to detail.