JOB TITLE: Internal Audit & Fraud Control Unit
GRADE: Manager / Senior Manager
REPORTING: Head – Internal Audit & Fraud Control Unit
LOCATION: Corporate Office
Internal Audit and reviews
Conduct Management reviews of various functions with minimal supervision within agreed timelines. In conducting the Management reviews, ensure adherence to the following:
• Draft the Risk Control Matrix for functions and test the design and operating effectiveness of internal controls conduct data analytics checks on 100% of the population to identify exceptions. Review the exceptional transactions
• Document the audit work, tests performed and the results in detail to enable the reviewer to arrive at the same audit conclusions
• Draft the audit observations in sufficient detail with the root cause, impact and risk statements
• Discuss the findings of the review with the Process owners and arrive at the agreed action plans for implementation.
• Effectively follow up, verify and document the closure of the agreed action plans raised in the Internal audit reports and in Management reviews.
• Coordinate and facilitate the outsourced Audit firms in conducting the internal audits.
Fraud Control and Sales Compliance
Perform reviews of sensitive complaints that may come up from time to time in accordance with the Anti-Fraud policy.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS QUALITATIVE
• Thorough knowledge of data analytics using Excel, CAAT’s is desirable • Performing audit assignments independently with minimum supervision
• Good written and verbal communication Skills
• Stakeholder Relationship Management
• Good analytical ability
• Four to five years of experience in Internal Audit,
• Basic understanding of key insurance regulations, internal audit and Internal financial control concepts.
• Must be capable of performing field work of audits and reviews with minimum supervision
Chartered Accountant / MBA or equivalent
• Good interpersonal skills • Good written and verbal communication skills
• Good analytical skills and Knowledge of data analytical tools
• Knowledge of Auditing standards, IRDAI rules and Regulations
• Fair understanding of risk based / control-based audit approach.