Job Function : Fund Accounting
Designation : Manager/Sr Manager/VP
Position Description : The Manger will work very closely with Account Managers of the Firm in ensuring proper NAV calculation of their hedge fund clients. They will also act on various requests made by the clients to update their portfolios. The Firm is the accounting / reporting system of the Firm. The analyst will also interact with the Account Manager to review accounting and performance related issues.
The Firm is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture
The Firm wholly owned subsidiary of the Firm, provides fund administration services to World’s leading hedge funds. The Firm has over 700 professional with offices in New York, London, Hong Kong, Dublin, Mumbai, Bangalore and Glasgow.
Primary Responsibilities: -
· Provide Accounting solutions to Hedge Funds for independent valuation, investor transparency and regulatory compliance.
· Calculation of daily NAV.
· Review Firm to custodian reconciliations. Identify and determine cause. Notify Account Manager of breaks. If break is due to an erroneous or missing transaction in Firm then make necessary adjustments.
· Perform middle office functions including P&L analysis, daily cash projections, calculations of FX transfers required for funding, checking client’s contributions & redemptions etc.
· Review general ledger exceptions. Identify cause and make necessary adjustments.
· Verify performance by reviewing large P&L swings and analyzing income/expense journals for validity.
· Adjust activity as necessary for performance (Firm) processing and reporting.
· Responsible for accruing daily or monthly non-security related accruals including management fees and financing accruals.
· Process non-automated transactions including OTC derivatives and their related cash movements.
· Perform daily and monthly securities pricing analysis.
· Validate and process corporate action data.
· Providing audit support and assistance to funds in the preparation on financial statements.
· Assistance with compliance functions.
Responsibilities as a Manager/Sr Manager