The objective of this report is merely to depict trends in CA Final & CPT exams over the last 13.5 years. It should not be construed to be, in any manner, as expressing any opinion on the performance of the governing body.
Analysis based on term-wise information on ICAI results, accumulated over the years. In case of any discrepancies, please mail firstname.lastname@example.org for corrections.
Just witnessed the CA results day, the best after Nov’12
As usual it created a bell curve of happiness- the results throw up myriad emotions
- First attempts
- One group cleared and now a CA/ One group cleared and now waiting for Nov’16
- None cleared!!!
Now that we interact with so many corporate houses; can’t deny the fact that ranks and number of attempts are filters in the recruitment processes. So the statistics are relevant!
- The prestigious position of All India Topper in CA Finals has been secured by
- 1st – Sri Ram S with 76.63% marks. (Incidentally, last term also, the All India 1st position was bagged by a student from Tamil Nadu- Mr James John Britto from Chennai, now working with an FMCG major)
- 2nd – Kantheti Naga Venkata Viswaupendra with 76.25% marks (Incidentally, last term also, the All India 2nd position was bagged by a student from Andhra Pradesh – Nagolu Mohan Kumar from Tirupati. He is now working with an IT major)
- 3rd – Yash Manojkumar Goyal from Jamnagar, Gujarat with 74.88% marls (Last term, this was bagged by Avinash Sancheti from Kolkata – now engaged into professional coaching at Kolkata )
- Pass % for Both Groups in CA Final doubled and increased by a whopping 5.61% from 5.75% in Nov’15 to 11.4% this term. This is ‘more than double’ than last time and now reached the historical average of 10.76%
- Pass % for Group -1, which has increased substantially 12.6% to 18.2% while Group 2 pass % increased substantially 12.0% to 18.8%
- Results of CPT, the entrance exam, witnessed another huge spike in pass% to 38.9%, thus bringing a greater number of potential CAs into the system 🙂
- ICAI has been following this unique policy of increasing intake at CPT level and holding them back at at Final level. This may not necessarily work well for the careers and destinies of students. Our humble submission is that, like MBA or UPSC, reducing pass % at CPT can be a much better alternative to telling students 4-5 years later that they are not good enough. They can then plan alternative careers right away instead of being lost at the crossroads of life, 5 years later
Trend in CA Final Pass % for Both Groups
May’16 Pass % for both groups is 11.4%
Average pass percentage is 10.76% with standard deviation of 6.65% (27 terms)
Trend in CA Final Group -1 Pass%
May’16 Pass % for Group -1 is 18.2%
Average pass percentage is 24.8% with standard deviation of 9.5% (27 terms)
Trend in CA Final Group 2- Pass %
May’16 Pass % for Group -1 is 18.8%
Average pass percentage is 20.1% with standard deviation of 8.2% (27 terms)
CA Finals- Detailed Statistics
CPT (Entrance Exams) Results
Average pass percentage is 31.32% with standard deviation of 6.5% (Last 16 terms)
cajobportal.com is India’s first recruitment website for CA, CS, CWA and MBA(Finance)
In an year’s time, we have gained the trust of 50+ clients and closed mandates with CTC aggregating to Rs 7.5 cr+
Our portal has the following segments – Featured Jobs, Career Site, PSU Jobs and Third Party Listings
You may subscribe to daily job alerts at goo.gl/aoBMgE and also like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/cajobportal
Thanks & Regards
Experience Cerebral Recruiting!!
- Sonia Singal