Analysis of CA Final Results for Nov 2016
The objective of this report is merely to depict trends in CA Final exams over the last 10 years. It should not be construed to be, in any manner, as expressing any opinion on the performance of the governing body.
In case of any discrepancies, please mail email@example.com for corrections.
Just witnessed the ‘Post-Demonetisation” CA results day, the drastic fall in Single Group Results and flattish both group results.
As usual it created a bell curve of happiness- the results throw up myriad emotions – Rank-holders, First attempts, one group cleared and now a CA or one group cleared and waiting for May’17, None cleared!!!
Now that we interact with so many corporate houses to help them in recruiting fresher/experienced Chartered Accountants; can’t deny the fact that statistics are relevant! Hence presently a data point laded Analysis of CA Final Results – Nov 16
- Girls from non-metros have dominated the toppers list. Ms Eti Agarwal from Lucknow with a whopping 74.88% score stood All India 1st. This iconic girl had stood All India first in CA IPCC (Nov 2013) as well as CS Inter Exams (June 2015). Hailing from La Martiniere Girls’ College, Lucknow, she had scored All India Highest with 98.75% in CBSE 2011 (100% each in Maths and Commerce). She reminds me of a Hindi proverb – होनहार बिरवान के होत चीकने पात (Honahar Biravan Ke Hot Chikane Pat) which means “Greatness of Great people is visible from their childhood
- Piyush Ramesh Lohia from Bhiwandi and Jyoti Maheswari from Ahmedabad have stood second and third respectively.
- Pass % for Both Groups in CA Final stood flattish at 11.58%, up marginally from 11.26% in May 2016.
- Pass % for Group -1, dropped drastically from 18.2% in May’16 to 7.14% in Nov’16. Also noteworthy is a 52% drop in the number of examinees from 77,374 in May’15 to 37,200 this term
- Pass % for Group -2 also dropped, although a bit less harshly, from 18.8% in May’16 to 12.3% in Nov’16. Also noteworthy is a 52% drop in the number of examinees from 77, 086 in May’15 to 36,896 this term
- The consequence of this is that a lower number of 2nd/3rd attempt CAs in the system.
- Also we would look at potentially a lower number of CAs overall emerging next term as many students take one group at a time.
- 10 Year trend in CA Final Pass % for Both Groups
Average pass percentage is 12.8% with standard deviation of 8.1% (20 terms)
10 year trend in CA Final Group -1 Pass%
Average pass percentage is 21.8% with standard deviation of 10.1% (20 terms)
10 Year trend in CA Final Group 2- Pass %
Average pass percentage is 18.3% with standard deviation of 7.5% (20 terms)
CA Finals- Detailed Statistics
|Term||Group I||Group 2||Both Group|
|Appeared||Passed||Pass %||Appeared||Passed||Pass %||Appeared||Passed||Pass %|
Girls from non-metros have dominated the toppers list. Ms Eti Agarwal from Lucknow with a whopping 74.88% score stood All India 1st. This iconic girl had stood All India first in CA IPCC (Nov 2013) as well as CS Inter Exams (June 2015). Hailing from La Martiniere Girls’ College, Lucknow, she had scored All India Highest with 98.75% in CBSE 2011 (100% each in Maths and Commerce). She reminds me of a Hindi proverb – होनहार बिरवान के होत चीकने पात (Honahar Biravan Ke Hot Chikane Pat) which means “Greatness of Great people is visible from their childhood
Piyush Ramesh Lohia from Bhiwandi and Jyoti Maheswari from Ahmedabad have stood second and third respectively.
cajobportal.com is India’s first recruitment website exclusively for finance professionals [CA, CS, CWA & MBA].
Well, depending on what exactly are the core tenets of your hiring strategy, I don’t really know if you have a need for our services. But in case you do engage with external recruitment agencies, here’s what we can do for you
We can work on your finance positions on a % of CTC based ‘success fee’ model. Thus we support you across all stages of the hiring process from managing applications to conducting written tests/preliminary screening to arranging interviews.
What works to our advantage is that each of our recruiters is a CA/MBA. So they would engage with prospects around technical terms like IFRS, GST and Derivatives, instead of just the cliched CTC, location and notice period. What’s more is our ability to leverage our internal database as well as the daily traffic on cajobportal.com to target active job-seekers for your open positions and thus deliver quick turnaround times. All this comes at a cost which will be lower than the industry benchmark
To make a point, cajobportal.com is now trusted by marquee brands across sectors which include the top 50% of BSE-30 companies as well. These include the likes of Unilever, P&G, Asian Paints, Pepsi, Cipla, Roche, Wipro, HDFC, Goldman Sachs and Fullerton Credit
We recently crossed the milestone of Billable CTC of INR 10 cr across clients and we thought of sharing this achievement with you
Our Corporate Brochure https://goo.gl/AxMqLF
Thanks & Regards
Co-founder: cajobportal.com, Kolkata
9163432140, 9088026253, 9836056252, 033-26548755
SAME OLD NEW!! Experience Cerebral Recruiting