|Job Stream:||Financial Sector|
|Background / General description:|
|The International Finance Corporation (IFC), the private sector arm of the World Bank Group, is a global investor and advisor, supporting sustainable economic growth in developing countries by making private sector investments, mobilizing capital in the international financial markets, and providing advisory services to businesses and governments.|
The Venture Capital (CTTVC) division provides equity financing to early stage companies across sectors including cleantech, technology, healthcare, education and agribusiness. We offer an integrated approach that combines financing based on prudent commercial principles with industry expertise and assistance in maximizing projects’ social benefits while minimizing environmental footprints.
IFC’s Analysts are responsible for supporting the origination, structuring, negotiation, and subsequent supervision of the Corporation’s investment projects.
|Duties and Accountabilities:|
|Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:|
• Create financial models;
• Analyze historical financial statements;
• Conduct industry and market research and assist in IFC’s business development efforts;
• Review company information and prepare reports on periodic financial statements and project progress;
• Prepare documentation for IFC’s internal processes;
• Establish and maintain quality client relationships to ensure responsive client service and to enhance new business opportunities;
• Join in investment appraisal trips;
• Participate in investments negotiations;
• Monitoring of investments in portfolio companies.
|• Chartered Accountant, Bachelor’s or equivalent degree with specialized finance experience;|
• Experience in a financial institution (2+ years) with a proven track record is preferred;
• Experience in leading or supporting venture capital investments in early stage companies across sectors is preferred;
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills and sound business judgment to identify issues and present creative and practical solutions;
• Facility to work successfully in multicultural teams and across boundaries;
• Demonstrated teamwork skills;
• Strong client service orientation with an openness to feedback and new ideas;
• Excellent writing and presentation skills;
• Fluent in English; knowledge of at least one other foreign language desirable.
Applications must be submitted online. Only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Candidates can check the status of their applications by visiting www.ifc.org/careers.